A Construction Specification / Note is an essential component of a Full-Plans Building Regulations Submission / Application.
A specification should meet Building Regulations, however, making the leap from the Approved Documents and Guidance Notes to creating a valid specification requires the collation of a lot of information and can be a challenging task.
Our site goes beyond Building Regulations Guidance and offers a collection of Pre-prepared Building Regulations Notes which can be added and combined, using our App, into a finished specification. The App also provides edit features allowing customisation of your specification. We also include Building Regulations Notes for:
- A variety of building materials including several types of insulation.
- A range of dimensions eg rafter sizes, spans etc. You choose the relevant dimensions which produces a corresponding specification.
- Different methods of construction ie use of Timber Frame Walls, solid walls, cavity walls etc.
- Areas of Construction such as drainage, roof types, structure, foundations, external walls etc.
- Other areas where a Building Note may be required eg Party Wall note, Smoke detection, Ventilation etc.
- House Extensions, Loft Conversions and Garage Conversions
- The Specs are applicable to work undertaken in England & Wales only.
We also offer a useful library of Detail Drawings for House Extension, Loft and Garage Conversion Plans, which provide an additional degree of clarification for Building Control or your Approved Inspector and the Construction team.
Detail Drawings can be purchased for a modest fee.
Please contact us if you have any queries about registration.
Building Regulations Approved Documents and our Specifications - additional guidance.
- Part A - Structure. As well as a dedicated category on Structure in each of the extensions, garage and loft conversions sections, many of the specifications are relevant to this Part. It may be necessary to refer to Trada tables and to engage a Structural Engineer for Calculations. If in any doubt, you should consult Building Control or your Approved Inspector.
- Part B - Fire Safety. We have a specific category for Means of Escape and Fire Regulations. Aspects of fire safety are also covered in structure ie encasement of beams against fire.
- Part C - Site preparation and resistance to contaminants and moisture. As well as Site Preparation category notes specific to this, aspects of Part C are also covered in within Walls and Floors.
- Part E - Resistance to Sound. Many of the Walls and Floors notes are relevant to Part E, where mineral wool is used as insulation.
- Part F - Ventilation. We have a dedicated category, Ventilation, in extensions, garage and loft conversions.
- Part H - Drainage and Waste Disposal. Notes relevant to Part H are in a dedicated category, called Drainage.
- Part P - Electrical Safety. Notes for Electrical Safety in Internal Works category.